Skip to main content

One More Day

One day until graduation!

Today was my one-on-one crit with Michael Minelli, and he said some highly complimentary things. He gave me some really good ideas for how I might install this thing in the future, if I ever show it somewhere else. But after all the advice he said, "But the bottom line is, I walk in this room and I know immediately, this person knows what they're doing." He also said my project was brave since I took on the whole room and it was so elegant and minimal in a lot of ways.

In the afternoon, we had our cake party with the faculty where they "officially" announced, or confirmed, or whatever, that we are all going to graduate. Big shock there.

Next there was the graduation rehearsal, where stand-ins pretended to be the faculty who read our blurb and pretended to be our family members handing us our diplomas. It was pretty funny.

There's a lot of drama going on in our group, but it's just too long and complicated to go into detail here.

Aaron saw me with the God Ball and insisted to make a "celebrity fan photo" with him.

Then there was the dance and I dressed like a cyclist as my secret superpower. I have to track down the pictures that were made. There is photographic evidence somewhere and I will find it.
Bina and Christine got full-body morph suits and they were crazy, but highly entertaining and livened the place up. Viet was dancing and I noticed that he had a bunch of the doughnut buttons pinned to his shirt. I said "nice buttons," and he said "oh yeah, these are cool, who made these?" I said, "I did," and then he placed his hands over the buttons tenderly and said, "awww" then he said pretty dryly, "I heard your review went well." But I think in order for him to mention it at all, they must have said some good stuff.

Ganesh is flying in tonight and I can't wait to see him. Tomorrow I will be an MFA Graduate!

Comments