Skip to main content

Day One Part Two (of captivity)

Today we had an Orientation, which really didn't orient us that much, but we had our pictures made for our student IDs. Then we had dinner as a group with some of the older students who are farther along in the program. And as family requested, here is photographic evidence that I am eating. Look, here is dinner, and look how big a salad I ate.

A post shared by Jaime Tamrakar (@anonymous_hermit) on

A post shared by Jaime Tamrakar (@anonymous_hermit) on
When I made this video some old people who work at the cafeteria were not impressed with my fascination of the conveyor belt. The lady said, "It's people like you who put that horrible sign up on the corner." I said, "the VCFA sign?" "Yeah, the one with the hole in it." The guy stepped in. "it used to be worse, but now it's a little better." I said, "did it not used to be green?" and he said, "No it was still green, just a different color."
A post shared by Jaime Tamrakar (@anonymous_hermit) on

A post shared by Jaime Tamrakar (@anonymous_hermit) on Then I spent nearly two hours installing my photos in the gallery. My map pins were way too flimsy to push into the wall, so I had to painstakingly hammer a flimsy nail that kept bending and I'd straighten it out, then hammer again, then straighten again, until I made a hole big enough for the map pin. It was kind of cool to be in a group of crazy people hammering, sewing, measuring, leveling, standing and squinting.

My bed in the morning

The tap dancing, cyanotype making photographer. You can't make this stuff up. 

My stuff being lit by the team. 


Comments